Sunday, November 30, 2008

False Doctrine is On the Rise.

I have had an experience that sort of blew me away. I belonged to a church in which I was happy. I was teaching God's Word to the children in Sunday School, I was doing ministry things in another office next door to the church. I was entirely blown away when the pastor of the church I was attending said we were going to have a Christmas Eve service,and then he cancelled it, with the excuse that he didn't want to serve Holy Communion to those who were fasting. Then he got somebody else to do the preaching for a while, as he had dental work done, and was not feeling well. What stumbled me immensely was that he kicked out someone who disagreed with the preaching of this man he had gotten to take his place without really trying to understand the situation. Both this person and myself left the church and joined one where we are more comfortable, but I still can't understand it. This pastor was kicked out the same way from another church, and he went and started his own church.
It is from this experience that I have made up my mind to not go to the non denominational churches anymore, because I think that label is false. Denomination means division, and if they are so narrow minded that they kick people out, then they are divided. They should call themselves an denomination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home